Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Monday, September 17, 2007

it's that time again...

i can feel it shifting from down here in the southwest farthest point of the mainland. she rustles her wings, raspy and starting to flush with ochre and vermillion. a long smokey exhalation brings me almost to tears. i am homesick. my people are restless, i can hear the drums and the laughter and the attention from the altar of the sky. it is michigan, autumnal grace and red vines creeping over the yellow corn fields. it is family, a new baby dog, my mother's birthday tomorrow. it is butternut squash, apple cider,fires, guitars, heavy sweaters at night, cruises around the glassy lake at twilight, my papa smoking a cigar and the relief from summer's humidity and mosquitos finally arriving.

i caught a whiff on the wind last night after work. i tried to tell myself to be patient, but instead i think i will grab some things and go home for a surprise trip. there are enough people along the way i want to visit...sedona to see paula and yosh, utah, montana, my sister...ahhh. now if only five grand would fall out of the sky into my checking account! haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home