Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Monday, October 23, 2006

What A Great Birthday!

Cheers, guys and dolls!
Thank you to all who made me feel so special and incredibly loved on my natal day. Wow. It was a fabulous birthday in so many ways. Lots of phone calls, tons of attention, sweet surprises and amazing food and then: the cops were called. No birthday could be complete without that....
Hehe.
No trouble. honestly.
But lots of wonderful sloppy singing and guitar playing at 4 a.m. Blame Alec for that one!!! We always have so much fun making music of one kind or another. Teresa kindly let me know that it was not my best performance, but at the time I felt pretty confident about it. Poor neighbors, Sunday night debauchery. Hmmm.
A trip to Julian, a gorgeous sunset, winetasting, dinner at Ruth's Chris, The Saloon with friends, Otis Redding on the jukebox, getting surprised by Snuggly Pants!!! Whew!! And just when the bar closed we walked out into these beautiful clouds of fog sailing through town like ghost ships. It was silent, with the glow of traffic lights gently changing hues and leaving a cool whisper of dew on our faces. Or maybe that was the jager and jameson coming out of my pores. HAHA!!
At any rate, 27 will be a most wonderful year.
I saw three redtailed hawks in the past two days...wonderful signs!!
I am officially beat, and have to get up early tomorrow to go sailing on the ocean!! Woohooo! If I don't go overboard, I will be back to tell you all about it. MER!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home