Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Monday, October 02, 2006

I Have A Boyfriend?!

How these things happen, I will never know. I know I have been riding a vicious merry-go-round of male distraction. Unsatisfying and more mental than real. I really should write a synopsis of my year and turn it into a script for a t.v. show. But after this last week I decided to say fuck it. I want to concentrate on myself more...and I have been. The love bug had been crushed by the heel of my boot, or so I thought.
In the span of three days I find myself in a previously unthinkable situation. But when you know, you know. I could be heinously wrong, of course, but gut instinct tells me to see where this goes. So I have a boyfriend. He is tall, dark, beautifully handsome, kind, intelligent, funny, exotic, exciting, and a gentleman. Those being the more rare creatures on earth, how could I turn down his proposal. (Now think of this being said like Antonio Banderas in a spanish accent..) "eh-Stephanie, weel you be my giiirlfriennn?" Um, what??? Two dates... not really even two real dates. And I am taking the plunge. Well, it is not like we're eloping, but geez. I like it. When I met him a few months ago I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Now I don't have to. So I feel really happy right now...and I think I am ready to have a commitment. Yeahyer!!! Added bonus: my friends like him too. Double bonus: smells wonderful, shares my interests, damn cute, and sincere.
So I guess all the stupid letdowns were meant to be the dominoes falling in line to get here...to Enrique. What a pleasant surprise!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home