Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Monday, October 16, 2006

Life is full of bad decisions...might as well enjoy 'em!

Amber came up with that one today on the phone. It's been cold and grey for three days...the kind of weather for butternut squash soup and wearing your pajamas all day. I am doing both right now. I feel winter settling into my bones, the air hangs heavy and wet, the tortoise is miserable in his cold shell, and I have been hibernating in my bed for two days feeling warm and guilty. Warm... and guilty. Why is it that we put off doing the small things that would make things easier? Instead, I turn over in my sheets and pull my feather comforter over my head. I think I have clocked in a total of 28 hours of sleep in two days.
Life is confusing sometimes. I saw Carl yesterday for the first time in a month (since the infamous samba night disaster) and the same old stuff is all still there. But for what it's worth, he's a good man. I am not sure what this time of year does to me, but it is just laced with memories, homesickness, and the urge to nest. Clove spices, hot cider, falling leaves, heavy sweaters, fireplaces roaring, turinging 27 on sunday. WHOA!!!!!
I officially admit to a late twenties midlife crisis. I have GOT to get my shit together, and no one can do it for me. And hiding out in my bed will not do me any favors, either. I am showing my art at a wine tasting next saturday...just three pieces but it should be cool. I am torn when I think of selling my favorite piece....but it would change my life if it sold for what I am asking. Still thinking. Maybe I will paint some more new pieces and see what comes up. Anyways, see ya soon. LATE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home