Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Black Leather 100 miles an hour...!

The roar of an Italian engine beckons,
Fly down the stairs, shake out my curls,
A man standing in black and red leather, handing me a silver helmet.
The sun slipping behind the mountains, everything indigo and burnt orchid.
We race to catch the coast, swallowing the sun.
Turns make me hold on closer, shifting weight and trying to be loose.
Pavement rushes by like a dangerous treadmill, makes me dizzy, I look up. He touches my hand as we fly, two dark shadows on the ground.
Heart hammering for two reasons, maybe three.
We made it, the last shimmers of magenta mingling with the encroaching night.
Nocturne's gauzy wings stretch out, revealing a full shining moon.
As if God's fishing bobber has dropped into our night sky pond.
I am swimming under the stars, smelling a sweet musk as I turn my head
into Enrique's neck.
His body my recliner on the rocks.
Ocean reaching up gently to greet us.
Hard to sleep now, rewinding all the images, hands still cold from the wind.
Each crest of city receding into blackness, little rivulets of twinking city diamonds.
Each little detail of his face, voice, character...receding into my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home