Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

3 gallons of sweat and the Berimbau

I just got back from training tonight...my first class with Paulo at UCSD. Watched a little Sex in the City rerun and marinated in my workout clothes. Gross, huh! Wanna snuggle? (Trust me, you don't). I am taking two days of music training/capoeira, and then the wednesday night sweatfest for a two hour sesh. Holy guacamole. All I know is that my body is going to feel pretty sore tomorrow morning. I like it, though. I told Paulo to pick on me and make sure I do things the right way...I don't want to look like an uncoordinated gummy worm. That is how I feel right now seeing myself do all these combinations in the mirror. Bruno also teaches in the class and it is full of really cool kids. The music tonight was incredible...everyone clapping and singing together in waves of crescendos. I love it. I can't wait to be better...it consumes my thoughts and drives me to want more!!! You guys should really check it out if there are any groups around your area.
I am soaking wet right now, which is super gross because I chose to write instead of shower right away. Gnar-gnar. I will shower, I promise. SO...any ole ways, it feels good to be more active and I am also considering becoming accredited as a paraglider. There is a gliderport over Blacks Beach that does certification on hangliding and paragliding. I went three years ago for my birthday and I will never forget the feeling...like a floating meditation. And the bonus is you fly over naked people. Yay! Naked!! I wonder, do they have nude-gliding? Not for the faint of heart. Ha!
I spoke with my sissy today out in Colorado. I want her to come spend some time with me asap. It has been so long since we have had more than a vacation or two to catch up and I feel a bit amputated..not emotionally, but I wanna see her little face. I miss cooking with her in the kitchen and drinking a manny together. (Manny=Manhattan i.e. the most delicious whisky drink on the planet!! Clinkies!!!)
That's for you, Moobear!
As far as other news, I have been feeling pretty good about turning 27 in a few weeks...weird, but I like getting a little older. I have noticed I don't look as young anymore, but it's fine. Life gets richer and more simple as I weed out the fluff. And though there is a lot of daily stress to manage..you know, static in the head...I feel like I can put it aside and be ok with not knowing. Being comfortable and even looking forward to the adventure of not knowing exactly what direction life will go.
I am looking forward to coming home soon...about a month away now! And I am truly elated to see everyone back in Michigan. Mighty Mitten State! Holla! I am going on a motorcycle ride with Enrique tomorrow and catching the sunset somewhere on the coast. It should be fun, no? Can't wait!! More latah...Muah! Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home