Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Saturday, June 23, 2007

the eclipse

you sit in the same corner, coiled and ready to spring.
the dark familiar mantle about your shoulders,
the routinely ominous air getting heavy.
yeah, yeah, yeah.
i've seen you before.
you, the one that escapes from my journals,
you, the one that was given to me like a disease from birth.
your corner isn't comfortable anymore,
so you try for the bed.
closer, closer.
i used to invite you in,
i used to let you watch,
impaling myself on your sword of doubt,
letting you win again and again.
you come and breathe on my face,
hovering over me like a dream.
and this time i don't move or moan or even scream...
i just take you in.
and in that moment we are one,
and you don't slay me and i don't struggle.
we lay as one,
and the eclipse is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home