Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

fricken manifest

this one's for my sis. "fricken manifest" has been our slogan of late. hehe. it has been said in beavis and butthead voices, my throwback to the nineties. made her a groovy new tanktop to wear with our saying on it. shiiiit. i got an invitation sent to my parents and forwarded to me...to attend my ten year class reunion. weird. not sure if i will make it...hehe. i do want to swing in for the family reunion/wedding this summer on lake michigan. those of you who have never seen that body of water cannot imagine it's majesty. in only minutes it can prove deadly with riptides that grip you like the hand of zeus. then it releases, becoming it's tranquil self and sparkling with endlessly gorgeous hues of blue and green. petoskey stones are our treasure there in the clear sparkling depths, if you can brave the frigid water long enough to search around with a mask. here's to hoping the lake is at least 60 degrees by august! i haven't been there..the small town of onekama...(uh-neck-ah-mah) since i was around 13 years old. michigan...barbeques in the summer, the damp hush of pine forests, the surprise rainstorms and beautiful sunsets. i hope to see my people there and reconnect with some sacred places before i leave for thailand. my sis is going to ireland with fat boy and then heading to thailand and thinking of doing a yoga teacher training course. she told me this yesterday without me telling her i was planning to be there in octoberish doing something along those lines. we squealed outloud thinking of meeting up for awhile in the islands. i am looking forward to introducing her to ashton. i am looking forward to so much...while still enjoying the journey along the way. life has a way of changing course when you "plan" like i do. i am trying to be conscious of this vocabulary and use the word idea instead. hehe. life is good. i am waiting to hear from ashton today about his "ideas" on when we'll next see eachother. the situation in peru seems unstable and i really hope he gets out of there. south america...so alluring and unpredictable.
my madre arrives in town in 9 days. i am super stoked to have the "flying fruit bat" in my physical presence once again. the energy and love shared between us is such a special thing to me. i love it that she enjoys her funny nicknames...the list lengthens. moomals. moomalots, moomies, moo, moobear, moob..(one of my favorite things to say...) and now the flying fruit bat. it did take her a little time to warm up to the fruit bat. hehe.
well, i am off to read in the sunshine out at the pool. it is a glorious day and i have gloriously hairy legs. getting waxed tomorrow. i hope no one is out at the pool to witness the nastiness!!! hehe. ciao ciao! don't forget..."fricken manifest!"

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hey ... long time no see.

We're having another Wing Fling party in Leucadia ... you came last year, or was that two years ago, so I thought I'd invite you again.

Check here
http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=FLWEMEEFMYZMAKAXQWTG

If you can't see it ... send me your email address at tereschuck@gmail.com and I'll send you an evite.

Dave T

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home