Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

I don't get it. Why do people get so crazy-bitter around this holiday? Sure, sure, you have a few disappointments over the years, but what if you just release ego and expectation...and see it as a day the country actually celebrates love? I have been the Bitter Betty on this day before, grumbling around while waiting on ooey-gooey couples at the restaurant. But hey, why NOT be ooey and gooey? Why NOT go out for a nice meal with someone you groove on?
Today I originally requested the night off of work. I thought I might feel lonely today...but I don't. I feel happy. And I am not just saying that...after my five mile run and stair session at Swami's, I feel pretty optimistic about this whole love thing. I got called in to work because a friend's dad died today. I guess the ocean and my friends and knowing a man like K exists is enough. And this whole Valentine's Day thing is good for the wallet, if nothing else. I am thinking of going to Tahoe soon to go boarding. Sweet! So anyways, hope everyone has a good day and takes it for what it is...an opportunity to be grateful and loving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home