Riding the Gnarly Wave of Life

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Art Show Woes and the Flexible Flows....

So I am learning that being flexible is one of life's greatest strengths. Not the russian splits like in gymnastics, though that can be fun for other reasons. Hehe. I mean that allowing the course to change and the flow to run without stressing yourself out. I did have a week of nonstop 5am creation-crunch sessions before my art show was moved to March. MARCH! So I slept for two days after that news and felt relief. Disappointment of course, but mostly that everything happens the way it will. And that is okay. I am in better spirits than last I wrote, namely due to the fact that my little sister is here visiting and I haven't seen her since May. It is a lifetime ago in the spectrum of life changing events for both of us. I have been giving her a tour of the San Diego lifestyle and today I struck a nerve.
(My somewhat selfish evil plot was to have her stay the winter...) Muahhh ha ha!!

We had brunch with the cousins at Potato Shack, twined our way through the Seaside Bazaar with it's tents and bright people smiling, skipped with Sophia and drank slurpees, visited Scott and the gang at 101 Diner, and then relaxed at my new apartment in Leucadia. I also got a new beanie that is brown and a sister of the almighty Fluffy. (my amazing Deana hat from Big Sur) The truth is, I haven't had such a wonderful day in awhile. And she understood why I landed and loved it here. No amount of comedy shows, drinks in swanky places, or any of it has made her as happy as being with family and getting a goddess skirt and spending time in a little surf town. It made me content in a way that all the late nights and crazy parties and new friends cannot touch. It is being with your best friend and saying the same thing at the same time. It is dancing around being happy in your place, and being able to share the "not knowing" knowingness of being a little nomadic or unsettled.
I have had a lot of adventures this month (big surprise) but the journey to a better place emotionally, financially, and spiritually has been my focus. I feel blunt, like addressing the issues in boldfaced font and spelling it out without fear. I think people wait a long time to face up and be honest. Most of us hate confrontation but it normally feels good once it is executed skillfully and in a tactful fashion. Thank you to all you good friends and family members who have helped me get here and supported me in so many ways. I have learned from your lessons, honesty and tact. It amazes me how many wonderful people I know and love. Thank you for being in my life, no matter where we are living. I miss you and love you and feel so grateful to have this life, this moment. Goodnight. Steph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home